The Mac and Windows products available on our website come with an unlimited demonstration period so you can "Try Before You Buy".
The application downloaded from our website will remain fully functional for the first 30 days after you install it. After this initial trial period, you will need to purchase a license to continue using without restrictions.
If you made a purchase in our online store, you can resend your License and receipt information by using the form below. Simply enter the email address that you used during purchase, and we will send your License right away.
If you purchased 1Password in the Mac App Store or iTunes App Store then you do not need this license. Simply use the same Apple ID you made the original purchase with to download and install 1Password again.
If you cannot remember the email address you used to purchase your order, or that email address is no longer in use, you can contact us to update the email address.
Note: These terms are for products purchased from our online store only. If you download or purchase our products from the Mac App Store, iTunes App Store, or Google Play, please refer to their licensing agreements.
Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license. Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household. Licenses can not be transfered or re-sold.
- You alone use 1Password on Mac and Windows
- You need a single license for Mac and a single license for Windows.
- You, your spouse and your two children living in the same household use 1Password, each on their own Mac.
- You can all share a single license.
- You and your spouse use Knox on the family iMac.
- You and your spouse can share a single license.
- You alone use 1Password on your home and work Windows machines
- You only need one single license for 1Password for Windows.
- You alone use 1Password on five PCs and three tablets, all running Windows
- Great! You still only need a single license. =)
- You alone use 1Password on your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- You'll need a single license for Mac, a single license for Windows, and a single in-app purchase if you wish to use the Pro features in 1Password 5 for iOS from the iTunes App Store.
If you have additional questions about licensing, please contact us.
Licenses are made available to you immediately once your order is completed. Licenses will be delivered by email as well as displayed on the Order Completed page.
Your email receipt contains instructions on adding your license to 1Password. It's as simple as entering the license key in 1Password for Windows or double-clicking a license file on your Mac.
When you purchase AgileBits software your license will never expire and you can use it on the current version of the licensed application indefinitely. While the license itself will never expire, system updates from Apple could cause certain aspects of some software to stop working. For example, the Safari 5 upgrade stopped 1Password 2 from working correctly and required an updated version of 1Password.
Historically, AgileBits has been very generous with upgrades. Your purchase entitles you to free updates until the next major version upgrade. That means if you buy a license for version 2 of a product, you will get all 2.x releases for free, but upgrading to version 3 might require another purchase.
Please note that this upgrade policy is valid only for software sold and distributed directly by AgileBits. This policy is not applicable to software sold by other distributors, including the Mac App Store, iTunes App Store and Android Marketplace.